I am currently preaching a sermon series called “A Blueprint for Becoming Disciples.” In this sermon series we are looking at the method that caused our spiritual forebears to be called Methodist. John Wesley instituted an intentional method that he believed would help people move from initial faith in Jesus to a deep, life changing relationship with God. This sermon series is based on the conviction that many people want to grow in their relationship with God, but they aren’t always sure how. This series uses the General Rules and the accountability structure of early Methodism as a guide for a contemporary blueprint for becoming disciples.
Here are the titles of the sermons I will be preaching:
- The Method Behind the Madness (January 20, 2008)
- Just the Beginning (January 27, 2008)
- Rule # 1: Do No Harm (February 3, 2008)
- Rule # 2: Love and Serve Your Neighbor (February 10, 2008)
- Rule # 3: Love and Serve God (February 17, 2008)
- Watching Over One Another in Love (February 24, 2008)
- Finding the Balance (March 2, 2008)
- Where Are You Going? (March 9, 2008)
The first sermon in this series has been uploaded to my podcast and I plan to get the second one up today or tomorrow. (I have been having some trouble with gcast, which is why I am behind.) You can listen to the sermons here. If you do listen to them, I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions, criticisms.